and to the 2012 Winter Season winners of the BHS ABC scholarships: Hannah Schwennesen and Bill Pogue
and to the 2013 Spring Season winners of the BHS ABC scholarships:Conner Lee and Stephanie Wagner.
NOTE: This year the Battlefield High School Athletics Boosters Club has changed the annual scholarship program. For 2012-2013 school year, the Boosters Club shall award a $1000 Scholarship to a female and a $1000 Scholarship to a male Battlefield High School student-athlete in EACH of the Fall, Winter, and Spring athletic seasons. The sum of all scholarships awarded for the 2012-2013 school year will total $6000.
- Graduating senior of Battlefield High School who will be attending a college, university, or community college for the Fall semester/quarter of the 2013-14 school year. Fall and Winter applicants do not need to be accepted into their collegiate program to apply. College, university, or community college designation can be made any time prior to the Spring Sports Awards night.
- Varsity team member of a Battlefield High School sport or sports for the immediate closing season (fall, winter, or spring) in both junior and senior school years.
- Provision of the following academic information:- GPA (core and cumulative)- SAT and/or ACT score (for SAT score, provide total of three test areas)
- Completed essay response (see page three of application)
- Completed Battlefield High School Athletic Booster Club 2012-13 Scholarship Application (see pp. three & four) attachments are acceptable (if more space is needed) which includes letters of recommendation from one of the student-athletes varsity coaches and guidance counselor.
Deadline: Submit all required documentation to the Main Office for placement in the Athletic Boosters Club’s mail box by the end of the day on the Friday following the Fall and Winter Sports Awards nights for Fall and Winter applications and Friday, May 10, 2013 for Spring applications.
Selection: The selection will be made by a committee of 3 members of the Athletic Boosters Club that do not have student-athletes applying for the scholarship in the Fall (to include at least 1 BHS ABC Board member). Scholarship Committee members will be approved at the October ABC Board meeting. Scholarship Committee members may be substituted with other ABC members if a conflict of interest arises. Applications will be considered based on equal weight given to each of the requirements detailed above. Within these requirements, the committee will balance consideration of applicant differences in:
- Years of participation,
- Level of athletic and academic achievement
- Essay quality
- Comments from senior year athletic coach and guidance counselor
Award: Each scholarship will be made payable to the student-athletes’ account at the college, university, or community college of choice (following confirmation of college acceptance) via standard Battlefield High School practices.
The BHS ABC reserves the right to modify this application at any point prior to the beginning of a season.