Samantha Brosnahan, Ryan Miller, Ellison Grove, Justus Weaver, Nick Feight, and Karina Lacy
NOTE: For the 2014-2015 school year the Battlefield High School Athletics Boosters Club shall award a $1000 Scholarship to a female and a $1000 Scholarship to a male Battlefield High School student-athlete in EACH of the Fall, Winter, and Spring athletic seasons. The sum of all scholarships awarded for the 2014-2015 school year will be $6000.
- Graduating senior of Battlefield High School who will be attending a college, university, community college, or trade school for the Fall semester/quarter of the 2015-16 school year. Applicants do not need to be accepted into their collegiate program to apply. College, university, community college, or trade school designation can be made any time prior to the Spring Sports Awards night.
- Varsity team member of a Battlefield High School sport or sports for the immediate closing season (fall, winter, or spring) in both junior and senior school years. **Note – if a student athlete plays multiple sports in multiple seasons, then the student athlete can apply for each season that the student athlete is a Varsity team member of a Battlefield High School sport. Student is only eligible to be selected for one (1) scholarship.
- Provision of the following academic information:- GPA (core and cumulative)- SAT and/or ACT score (for SAT score, provide total of three test areas)
- Completed essay response (see page three of application)
- Completed Battlefield High School Athletic Booster Club 2014-15 Scholarship Application (attachments are acceptable if more space is needed) and requires letters of recommendation from one(1) of the student-athletes varsity coaches and guidance counselor.
Deadline: Submit all required documentation to the Main Office for placement in the Athletic Boosters Club’s mail box by the end of the day on the Friday following the Fall and Winter Sports Awards nights for Fall and Winter applications and Friday, May 15, 2015 for Spring applications. Alternatively, completed applications can be mailed (post-marked on or before the due date) to BHS ABC, P.O. Box 1050, Haymarket, VA 20168
Selection: The selection will be made by a committee of 3 members of the Athletic Boosters Club that do not have student-athletes applying for the scholarship in the Fall (to include at least 1 BHS ABC Board member). Scholarship Committee members will be approved at the October ABC Board meeting. Scholarship Committee members may be substituted with other ABC members if a conflict of interest arises. Applications will be considered based on equal weight given to each of the requirements detailed above. Within these requirements, the committee will balance consideration of applicant differences in:
- Years of participation,
- Level of athletic and academic achievement
- Essay quality
- Comments from senior year athletic coach and guidance counselor
Award: Each scholarship will be made payable to the student-athletes’ account at the college, university, community college, or trade school of choice (following confirmation of acceptance) via standard Battlefield High School practices.
The BHS ABC reserves the right to modify this application at any point prior to the beginning of a season.