BHS Athletic Booster Club
11th Annual BHS Golf Tournament, October 13, 2014
Click on the "Golf Touney" tab for registration, sponsorships, flyers, last year's sponsors (on the flyer),… [more]
Come visit the Spirit Wear Shack for the best in BHS apparel
Drop by the Battlefield High School Athletic Booster Club Spirit Wear Shack for the best in apparel that… [more]
New Spirit Banners in the Den!
The Battlefield Athletics Boosters Club is pleased to provide the new spirit banners above the bleachers… [more]
Let’s go Battlefield!
The 2014 / 2015 Battlefield High School athletics season is in full gear. Everyone is ready for another… [more]
Join the BHS Athletic Booster Club
Support Battlefield athletics with an individual, family or business membership in the Battlefield High… [more]
We’ve Got Spirit, How ‘Bout You?
Don't miss your chance to show some spirit! Check out our spirit wear selection at home games this fall.… [more]
With much excitement and anticipation, the Battlefield High School Athletic Booster Club (BHS ABC) is pleased to welcome you to the 2014 - 2015 school year. We believe that Battlefield athletics will take another step toward excellence due to the strong support of the members of the BHS ABC, and the strength of the student-athletes, parents, coaches, school administration, and community partners.
Please join us for the 11th annual Battlefield High School Athletics Boosters Club Golf Tournament at the Bull Run Golf Club Monday, October 13, 2014. Come out and enjoy an autumn morning filled with golfing, food, and fun while helping the athletics programs at Battlefield High School. 18 holes, cart, continental breakfast, awards, door prizes, OPEN BEVERAGE CART, and post-event meal included! Check out our tournament flyer for more details.
Entrance fee/donation is $150 per player or $550 per foursome. Sponsorship opportunities are also available at several levels.
Please see the Golf Tournament page for more information.
THE BHS Athletic Booster Club currently has openings for volunteers in several areas. Our biggest needs are:
1. Spirit Wear Shack Lead: We need someone to be “in charge” of the Spirit Wear Shack and sales for the Fall Season. The lead is expected to man the shack during home football games and coordinate with other volunteers that sign-up to help. For more details, contact Marinda Beach at MarindaBeach@gmail.com. Eventually, this volunteer may take over as the overall lead for BHS Spirit Wear. The volunteer time for the Fall is from just prior to the start of home football games through the end of the game. The full time lead spends an additional 2 hrs per week on average.
2. WebMaster: As you can see by the current condition and (not) frequent updates, we need a new WebMaster to keep this sight updated. Our past WebMaster was outstanding, but no longer has any children at BHS. If you are semi-tech savy and interested in helping BHS student-athletes, contact Ron Fairbanks at Fairbanks@ieee.org. The volunteer time committment is 1-2 hours per month (or as much time as you want to spend keeping the site current).
3. Fall Concessions Coordinator: Fall season is in full swing, be we could still use a coordinator for the outdoor concessions stand for the rest of the season. Contact Mindy Dappen at email@example.com for more details and to volunteer.
4. Vice President of BHS: Our BHS ABC President will retire at the end of this school year and we currently are in drastic need of a Vice President to evenually fill his shoes. If interested, contact Ron Fairbanks at Fairbanks@ieee.org
5. Ways and Means Committee Chair: Did you know that there is ZERO budget in PWCS or BHS for student athletics? Other than lights in the buildings and water on the fields, 100% of the funding for athletic programs at Battlefield High School comes from ticket sales, team fund raising events and the BHS Athletic Booster Club. And yet, for the past few years, our Ways and Means Committee Chair has been empty. You can re-vitalize the BHS ABC to generate the much needed funds for BHS student-athletes. More information below.
6. The BHS ABC and student-athletes are always in need of volunteers for various tasks. Contact any board member or come to the meetings to sign up or to just see how the organization is run!
The Battlefield High School Boosters Club is in search of an individual willing to share their talents and enthusiasm to assist the Boosters Club Board with its efforts to support Battlefield High School’s athletics programs. Please consider volunteering; contact Boosters Club president Ron Fairbanks firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Battlefield High School Athletics Booster Club is seeking a volunteer to fill the role of Ways & Means Chairperson. The Ways & Means Committee is charged with providing fundraising programs and activities that demonstrate a positive school spirit. The new Chairperson will lead the committee to identify ways to generate and recognize a positive image of Battlefield High School and its Athletic Program within our community:
- Define ways and means of fund raising.
- Attend Haymarket / Gainesville Business Association meetings and communicate with sponsors and area businesses.
- Work with Boosters Club major events to guide fund raising efforts.
- Recommend and develop new fund raising events.
- Recommend fundraising events
- Coordinate individual team fund raising events to help avoid conflicts.
If you can devote some of your time to assisting with any of these efforts, please contact Ron Fairbanks at email@example.com
The BHS ABC has adopted a new set of membership benefits that will create strong opportunities for increased growth and support.
- You can join as an individual, family or business.
- Members may designate half of their membership fee to the team of their choice.
- In July 2009, the BHS ABC was classified as a public charity under 501(c)(3) . As a result, contributions to the BHS ABC are deductible under Section 170 of the code.
Visit our Membership page and join the growing ranks of BHS Athletic Booster Club members!